Climate Change Campaign Cop18
The Green Economics Insitute is leading a delegation to COP 18 Kyoto Climate Change Conference in Qatar. In our international and multicultural delegation there will be people from all corners of the world and also the author of the Kyoto Protocol, Professor Graciela Chichilnisky, as well as many experts and Professors and activists and scientists from Africa, specialists in environmental impact assessment, award winning economists of all kinds, Brazilians, Americans from the north and the south.
The COP 17 Kyoto Climate Conference finished with an urgent need to reach agreement for a successor to the Kyoto Protocol which runs out in 2012. Please ensure you ask your representatives at all levels, local, regional and national and international government to ensure they are pressing for this to happen!
Hurricanne Sandy and a $20 billion bill: The economics footprint of climate change.
Factor it into your calculations and ensure your teachers, politicians and government does too
The Green Economics Institute is thinking about the people of America suffering from the worst storm for years. The increase in storms of this kind is a footprint of climate change and yet in the election campaign neither side are even mentioning this important issue
There is a COP 18 Kyoto Conference now Qatar for which we are registered at the Institute. This episode of climate change will cost a reputed $60 billion and so no account of economics can be complete without factoring in what is happening to the climate. Please ensure you keep this in mind if you are an economist or in government and when voting.
Without any climate Treaty- the world will absolutely have to go for rationing of CO2. The choice is stark - with the warmest winter on record and droughts in Africa and unprecedented global weather patterns, melting Polar Ice Caps, no snow in the Alpine resorts- how much more evidence do people need to see what is happening all around the planet?
Green Economics Institute Stall at Oxford Green Fair
We are also launching special issue of the journal - specially on climate change with a range of top experts, including the author of the nobel prize winning IPCC report and Kyoto, as well as in the same series an article by Lord Nicholas Stern author of the Stern Review. Top economists and specialists in energy industry structure, wind solar oil, and many others, as well as ways of remodelling the macro economy and assessment of climate change policy articles are all featured.
If you would like to find out more about our delegation and to support our climate change work and also if you would like to invite us to speak at your side event please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heat spike unprecedented warming
- Doha COP18 Climate Kyoto Conference
- Flood Alerts: Covering huge swathes of the UK
- Hurricane Sandy $20 billion climate change bill!
- Brand new Energy Book!
- Acceleration of warming and EL Nino 2012?
- global climate change and co2 metrics
- Uk Feed in Tarrifs fiasco
- NASA predicts 82 metres sea level rise !
- Last minute agreement in COP 17 Durban
- Kyoto Durban Climate talks
- COP 17 Durban: urgent need for agreement
- Kyoto climate talks
- COP 17 Durban Kyoto Protocol Conference December 2011
- FeeTarrifs blocked in UK
- Green Economics and Climate Change: Book
- Durban COP17
- Durban COP17
- Frack off earthquakes
- Frack off -stop fracking now
- Global warming confirmed by new science
- nuclear accident in france tricastin
- nuclear 2011 dangers from radiation and wifi
- Wangri Matthai
- Eurozone domino effect of the crisis
- hydorgen highway in the UK
- Nigerian climate change impacts and politics
- Financial effects of el nino and la ninja
- Tracking storms like Hurricane Irene
- Murdochs role in climate gate ! Murdochs role in the climate gate scandal -is absolutely disgusting and affects everyone and everything on the planet !
- The Age of Green EconomicsThe Age of Green Economics
- COP15 analysis Monika FrassoniMonika Frassoni analysis COP15 climate conference
- Stern ReportReview of the Stern Report
- Mayer HillmanCampaign for a sensible future in energy and transport lifestyles
- On the trail of Ansell AdamsKevin Jones: The national Parks of the USA and Canada Latest photos Copywrited (c) Kevin Jones
- Climate Change Act November 2008Climate Change Law in the UK
- Environmental refugees MaldivesFirst nation of environmental refugees
- Climate solutions november 2008climate
- Carbon trading a mockeryPrice of carbon fallen through the floor
- Clean development mechanismKyoto issues
- Climate actionsClimate actions
- Stern follow up conferenceFollow up to Stern - Human Dimension
- Climate newsclimate news
- Climate changeClimate change and climate instability
- Climate instability Carbon Tax in New Zealand