Green Economics Institute International Network
GEI International network report
The Green Economics International network continues to grow and now has over 140 contacts in 50 countries. The international contacts are people who want to develop an interest in green economics in their own countries and are directly involved in the activities of the Institute.
This has become a very exciting and influential project, as some of our contacts are able to raise the profile of Green Economics in their own countries, influence policy and even get into government – and become MPs.
Our international contacts often attend and are speakers at the Green Economics Conference usually held at Oxford University The conference dinner was attended by people from our network from more than 28 countries.
We were especially pleased to have Dr. Chidi Magnus Onuoha from Nigeria, who is a member of the Institute and spoke on ‘Sustainable development and poverty reduction in Nigeria”.
Our newly formed African team is now up and running, with contacts from countries that include Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Namibia, and Mali.
We have also been busy on the European scene. Our CEO gave a talk in the French Senate.
We are also especially keen for people in the International Network to join as members of the Institute. If you are interested in this please do get in touch with us.
Miriam, Volker and the GEI team are running a workshop at the European Greens summer university at Frankfurt-Oder on the German polish border in August.The GEI ran another training week-end seminar, this time with the Young Greens in Berlin, on Green Economics for both Young and Senior Greens.
We are working with several international organisations including the International Labour Organisation and we are very pleased to be running a weeks’ course with the ILO in Turin on Green Economics, as part of the Green Jobs Programme.
Further afield, Volker went to San Paolo, Brazil for the 2nd Greens Global conference and whilst in Brazil he was asked to lecture at Campinas University. Following on from this, the GEI now has a formal agreement with the University, through our contact Maria Alejandra Madi, to share workshops and training. And finally, our intern programme has a big international component, with past interns coming from France, Poland, South Korea, and future interns from Italy and Turkey.
Our next big International Annual Green Economics Conference is being planned at Oxford University for 31st March - 2nd April 2014
- Conference in India
- The Greening of Food, Farming & Agriculture
- Greening of China and Asia Book
- Brazil overtakes Britain: Economy no 6
- COP 17 Durban Kyoto Protocol Conference December 2011
- Green Economics Voices of Africa
- The Green Economics Institute Team
- Miriam kennet lectures in Turkey
- Green Jobs- our training in Italy
- Hotel Silberstein in the Galapagos Islands
- Miriam Kennet GEI Speaks in EstoniaGEI speaks in Estonia
- British council workshopAnkara and Skopje Macedonia workshop
- Crisis -speaking in spainGreen Economics Insitute speaks at Alicante University, Spain
- Our lively branch in NigeriaGreen Economics Institute in Nigeria
- International Network of Green Economics InstituteInternational Network
- Green Economics Institute in NigeriaGreen Economics in Nigeria
- Green Economics Institute in BrazilGreen Economics Institute in Brazil
- Green Economics Institute in Armenia Green Economics being developed in Armenia
- International Network of the GEIGreen Economics Institute- International Network- photos of activities
- Green Economics in FranceFrench speech in the Senat by Green Economics Institute
- Poland activityGreen Economics in Poland
- New Branch in NigeriaGreen Economics Institute in Nigeria
- GEI PolandLaunch of Green Economics Institute in Poland
- Mauro ReyesMauro Reyes, a holistic economist from Externado University of Colombia
- Nursery in Umtata South AfricaSupporting Umtata Community
- US Branch OfficeUS Branch News
- Scottish Branch Launched 22 November 2006Miriam Kennet Speech to Scottish Parliament
- Japanese BranchBranch in Japan
- Cyprus branchCyprus branch
- Scottish Parliamentary Branch Launch in the Scottish Parliament - May 2006
- United States Branch
- Mike Feinstein and Julia Willebrand US (California) contacts
- Petr Stepanek - Strana Zelenych Czech contact